Encryption/Decryption fixed and salt changed. Fixed various typos and added commented code. Fixed all whitespace errors.
Added frame for check-in engine. Issues with check-in engine writing to database. Added stylesheet and jQuery to header.php.
Created specific CSS for check-in page. AJAX call doesn’t work and runs without error. Switched to check-in being opened in Shadowbox. Added Shadowbox.js with CSS to header.php.
Check-in engine now fixed and writes to database. Updated database table to add one check-in per check-in rather than just putting in a random number. Also changed DB layer to add hidden AUTO_INCREMENT user ID.
Fixed issues with profile not uploading/saving picture and displaying picture correctly after upload. Start adding regular HTML tags to HERE_Docs in PHP.
Start styling site. Switch over to HTML doctype and nav structure.
Added js fade to pages for a dynamic look. Added logo.
v 0.5 (Full Alpha Version)
Made browser responsive (with the exception of IE because lets face it, IE is still crap). Full width-responsiveness with text scaling down to mobile sizes. Added logic to exclude “Other Members” from profile/member pages; now only shows on member page and home page. Added various comments to code. Launched for user testing.
Things in the pipeline:
- Fixing top-/bottom-padding (to 3px) on <nav><a> to eliminate miss-clicks
- On site message notification system (still experimental)
- Switch “Other Members” to “Friends” on home page (will require much more logic)
- Mobile responsive
- Button stacking on profile
- Re-style check-in dialogue
- Running database of games and check-ins to those games
- Erasing messages has suddenly quit working (unknown reason; no error thrown or “die()” tripped)
- Basic achievement/leveling system
- Set up logic of dynamic logo links
- Various minor bugs (“friends.php => messages=?”, names on messages no longer go to profile pages, random replication in friends list, friends list only showing mutual friends)
- Shadowbox full-size profile images? (questionable due to having multiple versions of pictures/resizing them; server load issues)
- New password encryption method: preg_split()/explode() input, combine with an array of salts, implode() new array, explode() array and salt again, implode() and MD5.
My conclusions from this project? One-man-banding sucks but is ultimately rewarding and allows you to control the product rather than having to worry about dozens of fingers in the concrete all trying to leave a unique mark on the project. The frustrating part is not having anyone else to rely on to get help or take a break and know work is still getting done. Google is your best friend and Netflix is your worst enemy.